2013 Exhibits and Progams at the Ross Center
CURRENT EXHIBIT: OUR CIVIL WAR EXPERIENCE - May through September
Visit the Ross Historical Center to experience times and hardships of the Civil War years. Displays include daily life of a soldier, medical aspects, weaponry, and much more.
|NEW EXHIBIT: THE HISTORY OF SHELBY COUNTY TENNIS - June 1 through June 30
Greg and Priscilla Wilt bring you the history of the sport of tennis in Shelby County, including highlights of the Sidney High School and Lehman High School tennis programs.
- June 13 - PROGRAM: Meet Mr. Lincoln. Educator Bill Sell wil protray Abraham Lincoln
Location - Masonic Temple, 7 p.m.
- June 20 - PROGRAM: Cemetery Tour, featuring Civil War veterans buried there.
Location - Graceland Cemetery, 7 p.m. Ticket prices - Members $10, Non-members $12
- July 18 - PROGRAM: A Retrospective on July 1863: The Month that Turned the Tide in U.S. History, featuring the Battles of Gettysburg and Vicksburg. Mark Holbrook from the Ohio Historical Society will explain this very crucial time and Shelby County's role in it.
Location - The Monumental Building, 7 p.m.
- August 8 - PROGRAM: Clement Vallandigham and the Anti-War Movement. Dayton-area historian Daved Neuhart will present this program Location - The Ross Historical Center, 7 p.m.
- October 16 & 17 - PROGRAM: Annual Downtown Ghost Tour
Ticket prices - Members $10, Non-members $15
- November 21 - PROGRAM: Home for the Holidays Dinner * Ticket prices - Members $35, Non-members $45
Location - Great Stone Castle, 6:15 p.m.
NEW EXHIBIT: A CHRISTMAS OF YESTERYEAR - November 22 through December 13
Come and see our home in its Victorian Christmas spendor, featuring Christmas decorations throughout the building and Christmas trees decorated by student from Shelby County schools.
- December 7 - PROGRAM: Christmas of Yesteryear Location - The Ross Historical Center, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Young and old alike enjoy the holiday activities, which include making gingerbread houses, Christmas crafts, and turning pottery. And of course, Santa is the highlight of our annual Christmas Open House.
Stop by our home, the Ross Historical Center and check out
our current exhibit - OUR CIVIL WAR EXPERIENCE !