Ralph Stolle, a Cincinnati businessman, founded the Stolle Corporation in 1923.
He opened a facility here in 1934. Stolle occupied a portion of the Prima Washing Machine Company building on Park Street
and furnished chromium plating for Primas washers. Stolle engineers developed a new
aluminum alloy for appliances and automobile trim pieces three years later that helped
launch Stolle into a period of tremendous growth. The companys engineers also
perfected the manufacture of the popular pop tab can opener in 1963 and
purchased the old Sidney Machine Tool Company facility on
Highland Avenue for that operation. The Aluminum Company of America now owns assets of the
Stolle Corporation, which has been dissolved. It has several plants in the Sidney area,
with the corporate offices located at 1501 Michigan Street.